Friday 17 February 2012

Week 5 - My achievements so far


It is amazing how time can move so fast. It was like yesterday since we started semester B in university.  When I had to choose an optional subject for semester B I was really not sure which subject I wanted to do. I decided to do Business Web Innovation as an optional subject as I didn’t have much of a knowledge in that area. However I had the fear in the back of my mind what if I fail this unit because I am not very good with new technology. My thoughts were that it is worth trying to learn something new and  something that you lack in knowledge. Even though I am not sure yet, how well I will progress in this unit, the only thing I am sure about just now is that I am happy so far with the knowledge I have gained with the progress of each week and the achievements I have made till now.

At first I thought Business Web Innovation was all to do with creating or learning how to innovate a new web site. However as I progressed through each week I learned more on blogs, wiki, media sharing, social bookmarking, tagging, RSS and Newsfeeds. I didn’t know that there were so many things to learn about the web. I am so glad that I chose this subject irrespective of the outcome I may achieve at the end, because the knowledge I gain each week is priceless.

I like the teaching method combined with the lab activity. The lab activity gives me an opportunity to learn the practical side of the tasks involved and raise any doubts or seek help as and when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment