Saturday 4 February 2012

Week 3 - Collaborative writing

This week we learnt about collaborative writing. While we learnt about wiki and explored the use of Wikispaces we also managed to create our own wiki account. We were put into groups by our group tutor. Our team comprised of 4 members. We created our first group wiki together and named it as busweb. This was yet another good experience for me. I gathered that working in a group wiki is a good way to improve our collaborative writing. My knowledge on technology is not so great. Nevertheless working with my team helped me to overcome this obstacle as my team members helped me in certain tasks. I look forward to working with my team.

E-activity 1
We were given three tasks to be completed as a group for e-activity 1.

Tasks 1 involved conducting background research and gather information on what collaborative tools are, their features, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of collaborative writing tools.

Task 2 involved exploring different collaborative writing tools such as wikispaces, google docs, zoho writer and so on. We were required to look at the features offered by each of these tools. Then compare and contract these tools taking into account the large and small medium sized organisations. Next to decide on a collaborative writing tool that we thought was best to be recommended for use by large and small sized organisations.

Task 3 Finally as a group we had to decide on a collaborative writing tool and to collate all the information we gathered through tasks 1 and 2 and produce a report with 1200 words. This was to be a group effort and everyone was required to participate equilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment